Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

DHS Band Dominates LGPE

Bulldog Briefs (Week of Aug. 28)

Women in technical sciences club 

The Women in Technology club is being introduced to DHS this coming school year by co-founders Kate Sherwood, Sophie D’Elena, and Katie Sanders. The club advisor is Dierdra Pierce, the IB Computer Science teacher.

The club is a chapter stemming from the national organization Women in Technology (WIT). By connecting to the national branch, the club receives numerous benefits including training, activities, and scholarship opportunities. According to Pierce, the club’s aim is to provide outreach to young girls interested in STEM and get them involved in activities. The Women in Technology club will make its debut at the club fair on September 5. 

New DHS Pickleball club 

On Tuesday, August 23, the DHS Pickleball club was approved by the school. The Pickleball club was pitched by Kara and Ainsley Diamond, Evie Eingurt, Emmi Fiedler, Gabi Gould, Madeleine Pappas, and Stella Skillman. Diamond states, “Pickleball was always a fun activity for me and my friends and I wanted to create an opportunity for other students to also play.” 

DHS has never had a Pickleball club before so this is a very exciting opportunity for students. According to Pappas, “We are expecting a very large turnout for the Pickleball club due to the high interaction rate we got from our Instagram account, but we won’t know for sure until the interest meeting and club fair.” 

You can follow the Pickleball clubs account on Instagram @dhspickleball and join the Google Classroom using code “eaxqinw”. The interesting meeting will take place in room 3515 after school on Wednesday September 6, 2023. Any of the club leaders can be emailed for question

Football game 

On Friday, August 25, the Decatur Bulldogs Varsity football team won 23-21 against the Wesleyan Wolves. The close game started out looking great for Decatur, however later in the second half, a comeback began to mount. Luckily, the Bulldogs came through in the end to secure their first win of the season. 

Volleyball Class Bash 

The DHS Volleyball Student Bash was a school-wide event that happened Aug. 24, 2023. It was a community-based event that allowed any DHS student to sign up and play volleyball during the one-day tournament. The fee to participate was three dollars, and students were divided into four teams based on grade level. 

Each game consisted of three sets. The first two games were Freshman versus Seniors, and Juniors versus Sophomores. The winners of these games, the Sophomore and Senior teams, competed against each other in the finals. The Class of 2024 won the competition, with the final game ending with a score of 2-1 against the Sophomores.

The Volleyball Student Bash was for the purpose of bringing students of all ages together, and to raise money for the DHS Volleyball team. Spectating was free, but the participation fees went to supporting the team.

Softball game 

On Thursday, August 24th, The Decatur High School Varsity softball team played against Lithonia High School. The game was considered a shutout, with Decatur winning 15-0 in only three innings. The game was a shutout, with Decatur winning 15-0 in only three innings. The game lasted three innings and the Bulldogs came out with a big victory.