Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

DHS Band Dominates LGPE

Decatur High School to host first annual STEM fair

Flier+for+the+first+annual+STEM+fair.+
Flier for the first annual STEM fair.

Decatur High School (DHS) is hosting its first ever STEM fair from six to eight pm on January 29th in the DHS cafeteria and courtyard. The fair will consist of an array of student-made science projects, catered food and drinks, and prizes!
Tech Club, previously known as CODECATUR, started the fair as a way to raise money for upcoming projects. The club allows students to work together and learn how to code in a variety of programming languages, and engineer projects. “We’re working on building a rocket that will launch close to 1000 feet in the air,” teacher sponsor David Custer said. According to Custer, the main planning behind the event has been carried out by students Renato Del’Osso, Henry Seetoo, and William Baggenstoss.
“We plan to have a few dozen participants present tables of Tech projects of their own creation,” Custer said. Local sponsors are donating prize money, and one local caterer is incorporating technological elements into his cooking, “He’s planning to use a flamethrower to cook the steak in one of the dishes he’ll be serving,” Custer said.
There is hope to continue this event annually, as interest/energy in Tech has been high as of recent. “Tech interest at DHS has expanded beyond Coding and Robotics, and our club is where you can pitch an idea for something you’re interested in learning more about,” Custer concluded.
Interested individuals and groups of up to five may sign up to participate via google form (see flier QR code).
If you have any questions email [email protected].