Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

Decatur High School, GA

3TEN

DHS Band Dominates LGPE

DHS students Fiona Sullivan and Neve Marston create the “Healthcare Club”

Healthcare club flyer

Healthcare club was recently brought to DHS by founders Neve Marston and Fiona Sullivan. This club was created to, “…provide opportunities for people interested in healthcare and to expand their understanding of the field to be better prepared for what they are getting into,” Sullivan said. Sullivan and Marston are both interested in pursuing professions in the medical field, so this club allowed them to grow their knowledge surrounding different careers and share it with their members.

A typical meeting ranges from 30-45 minutes and includes information on key skills needed for different medical professions. At the most recent meeting, for example, members learned about the Heimlich maneuver. Another topic discussed at the club is future volunteer opportunities which are aimed to assist members in understanding different parts of the field while simultaneously giving back to the community. Additionally, guest speakers are an important aspect of the club and take shape in the form of various medical professionals coming to talk to the club about their personal experience and participate in a Q&A style discussion.

While the club hopes to attract people interested in healthcare, “the club is also for anyone trying to figure out what to do in or after college,” Sullivan said.